Kindergarten Registration

What is "school age"?
If you have a child who turns four by December 31st of this calendar year you can register him/her for Junior Kindergarten. If you have a child who turns five by December 31st of this calendar year you can register him/her for Senior Kindergarten.

What will I need to bring?
To register your child directly at the school, your child must be a Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant. You will need to provide ALL of the following information before you can register your child:

***Only original documents will be accepted***

  • Proof of child's age - Original birth certificate or passport
  • 2 Proof of address - Copy of offer to purchase or lease agreement or copy of a property tax bill
  • Your child's health card
  • Proof of child's citizenship - Birth certificate, passport, or Record of Landing (IMM1000)
  • Proof of custody - If you are not the child's parent and the child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody. You will need to provide the original legal document notarized by a lawyer.
  • Immunization record - Proof that your child has been immunized, according to the recommended immunization schedule in Ontario, against the following: Diphtheria, Mumps, Polio, Red Measles, Rubella, and Tetanus.
If you have any copies of current school records, samples of your child's work, or reports that may assist the school in programming for your child, please bring them with you at the time of registration.

Important Telephone Numbers

***For boundary inquiries call (905) 335-3663, ext. 3240.

***For school transportation information call 1-888-803-8660.

***If your child is not a Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant you will need to contact the Immigration and Visa Co-ordinator at J.W. Singleton Education Centre: (905) 335-3663 ext. 3307.

***For immunization inquiries, call the Halton Regional Health Department at (905) 825-6060 ext. 7855.